Edgewood Townehouse Association

In Eugene's South Hills

Being a homeowner at Edgewood is not a passive experience.  Included with your purchase is a 1/90th ownership in common property and a 1/90th responsibility to maintain that property.   

In General

For the most part our community is self regulated.  The board of directors are not an enforcement body, but if circumstances warrant, the board can levy a fine for blatant violations of the rules. 

While Edgewood does attract a fair number of seniors, there are no restrictions on age.  We do have families with children and various other types of residents.

Edgewood is a planned unit development (PUD) a type of building development and also a regulatory process. As a building development, it is a designed grouping of both varied and compatible land uses, such as housing, recreation,  all within one contained development or sub-division.  PUDs are regulated by the state of Oregon.  Click Here.  Or you can download a more specific document from the Lane County web site, HERE.

The need for an association is inherent in the members ownership of common property.   Common ownership means common expenses for maintaining the property that are shared equally by the residents.

While Westbrook Way is owned by the association, it is not gated at the Willamette entrance, but it is gated at the Brookside exit.  Signs are posted at different locations around the property indicating that Edgewood is private property, however encroachment is not monitored.  

All townehouses in Edgewood are privately owned and any units for sale will be available through local realtors.  There is no waiting list.

Professionals are welcome as homeowners, but keep your professional life at work. Soliciting is prohibited.

The association does not pay for any individual unit’s utilities.  Electricity, water, gas, telephone, cable and Internet services are the responsibility of the homeowner.


Birds, fish, cats, and dogs are permitted as pets.

There is no specific provision in the association’s CC&Rs or Rules that limit how many allowed animals you can have.  Currently Lane County has a limit of 8 dogs.  Your neighbor can call the police if they feel your pets are a nuisance.  The recourse is law, not the board of directors.

No. Pot-bellied pigs are not permitted as pets.  No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any part of said property.


The pool was closed during the 2020 swimming season due to the Covid-19 virus.  The association is planning to open the pool for the summer of 2021, but certain restrictions will apply.  These restrictions can change week to week depending on the current risk level as determined by government officials.  Check the clubhouse porch bulletin board for the latest news.

The pool and deck area are for the exclusive use of Edgewood Townhouse owners and their guests.  Each year the homeowner must fill out a usage form agreeing to the rules of pool usage and obtain a gate code to access the pool area.

No. The pool is only open in the summer months.

The pool opens at 9 AM and closes at 9 PM.

The pool and deck area are for the exclusive use of Edgewood Townhouse owners and their guests.

No person is permitted to swim alone. Bring a friend!  It’s state law!

Most of the FAQs can be found in our organization’s bylaws, articles of incorporation, CC&Rs, and rules.   This FAQ is just a subset of those documents.  It is the homeowner’s responsibility to read those documents and to follow the rules set within.  

Your Townehouse, Patio, & Garage

All Common Areas are to be maintained by the Association and no changes in landscaping, removal or trimming of trees, lawns or shrubs will be permitted without written authorization by the Architectural Committee.

Section VIII CC&Rs

1. Front door entryways and/or balconies are common property, please decorate accordingly.
2. Owners may not alter the front door entryway and/or balcony surfaces using tile, glued carpet, or paint. 
3. Owners may fly only the American flag.

No, the Association retains architectural control over the exterior appearance and maintains the exteriors of all buildings (excluding any glass) and all common grounds

Yes, interior surfaces are at the owner’s discretion. See Maintenance and Remodeling regarding more extensive interior work.

Assessments and Money Matters

Assessments are monies paid to the Association by homeowners to fund its ongoing operations and its maintenance needs for buildings and grounds. Regular assessments are levied annually (and can be paid monthly) and are managed by the Board of Directors in administering the activities of the Association. Special Assessments are amounts above Regular Assessments, approved by a supermajority of homeowners, for special-purpose large-scale projects (like extensive roofing and painting) that are beyond what the Regular Assessments can handle. The rules for assessments can be found in the Association’s CC&Rs.

The due date for payment of annual assessments shall be established by the Board of Directors from time to time.  This is set in the Rules documents.  Currently, Home Owner Dues (HODs) are due on the (first) day of the month.  If HODs are not received by the first day of the following month, the HODs will be declared delinquent.

A Homeowners’ Association is akin to an extensive partnership. The benefits we all share in come from financial resources we all contribute — the assessments, which are ultimately gauged by our needs. The Association has no other significant form of income.

For the those who regularly abuse the system, yes.    Fines can be steep because they compound each month, for example, if you miss May and June a penalty can be charged in June up to 7%, then in July two penalties will apply, one for May, one for June, added to the original May penalty for a total of three charges.   If penalties do not remedy the situation, the association can file a lien against the property and if there is no satisfaction the association can initiate foreclosure proceedings. 


The clubhouse was closed during the 2020 swimming season due to the Covid-19 virus.  The association is planning to open the clubhouse as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.  The issue will be raised at every board meeting until final resolution has been achieved.  

Generally, 9AM to 9PM, unless approved otherwise by the ETA board.

The Clubhouse may not be used for commercial activity. Entrance fees, fundraising, or sales of any kind are prohibited.

The Clubhouse is available for reservation between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM daily on a, first-come, first-served basis.  There is no cost to reserve the Clubhouse.  A $50 refundable Cleaning/Damage Security Deposit is required for all Reservations. 

There is no charge to homeowners to reserve the clubhouse, however,  a $50 refundable Cleaning/Damage Security Deposit is required for all Reservations.  The Clubhouse Coordinator will shred and dispose your Cleaning/Security Deposit check after a safety, sanitation, and damage inspection of the facility has been conducted.

Please exercise your responsibility and vote for board members, participate in meetings, and even consider becoming a board member or serving on a committee.  Please vote, Yea or Nay, on assessment matters.  You have the power, and ultimately will determine the fate of our association.  

Maintenance & Remodeling

If the maintenance required is for common property, use our contact form to request service.  Otherwise, the homeowner is responsible for normal, inside and outside house and garage maintenance.  

Plans for any major interior work should be submitted to the Board for review, and any work (structural, electrical, mechanical, etc.) that requires a city permit must obtain one, and any contract work that requires a contracting license must be done by a licensed contractor, and the Board must be apprised of all permits and contractors. While individual owners retain the right to arrange their interiors as they please, the Association reserves the right of quality control to ensure that work is done in a legal, safe and professional manner.

The Association is responsible for roofs, gutters, and siding.  Article VIII.2 of the CC&Rs.  Exterior Building Maintenance. The Association shall provide exterior maintenance upon and for each lot subject to assessment hereunder, including, without being limited to, the following: painting, maintenance, repair and replacement of roofs, gutters, downspouts, exterior building surfaces (except for glass), trees, shrubs, grass, landscaped areas, walkways and other exterior improvements. 

Keep in mind that Article VIII.5 of the CC&Rs state “…[maintenance] delays by the Association may be excused due to the nonavailability of necessary funds.” 

Common Property

All Common Areas are to be maintained by the Association and no changes in landscaping, removal or trimming of trees, lawns or shrubs will be permitted without written authorization.

While many of us like to watch local wildlife, our feeding of these animals may cause unintended consequences.  The same feed we use to attract wanted wildlife also attracts rats and other invasive creatures.  

No.  Just like planting flowers and landscaping, all Common Areas are to be maintained by the Association and no changes in landscaping, removal or trimming of trees, lawns or shrubs will be permitted without written authorization.

Yes, our common areas are private, however passage through by non-residents is not enforced, nor should enforcement be done by any homeowner, and if such actions are attempted, that person will take sole responsibility for any outcome of that encounter.  If a homeowner feels compelled to take action, that person should contact the Eugene police.


There is no provision for extended parking of an RV on the property unless granted a waiver by the board.  The RV can be brought on site for loading but should be parked overnight on adjacent public roads.  

All homeowners should park vehicles in garages.  Exceptions can be made for homeowners undergoing a remodel, or if the association blocks access while performing maintenance or restoration.  Extended parking requires a waiver by the board.

Waivers for Special Circumstances.

Homeowners may request waiver of the Parking Policy in the event of exceptional or extraneous circumstances.

Waiver Forms are available by contacting the Board, the Facilities and Operations Director, or the Clubhouse.  The Board will review each case and render a final decision